The Ontario LATIN ARTS Festival is the first Festival in Canada to include all the Arts in one venue. The festival is produced by the Hispanic Canadian Arts and Cultural Association, a Canadian not-for-profit group.
This event will become an annual festival in Canada. This festival is free to the public and will include attractions like live performances with over 200 musicians, dancers, workshops in music, dance, film, literature and art as well as local artisan displays at Mel Lastman Square in Toronto.
The Outdoor stage will host the performances by top Latin musicians and dancers. The workshops will be held outdoors at Mel Lastman square and indoors at North York Central Library (next to the square). The market area will feature food vendors, arts and crafts displays.
The Festival will become a major attraction in the City of Toronto.
We appreciate the support of corporate sponsors, volunteers, private donors and all levels of government.
Economic and cultural Legacy:
- Bring in a large audience of thousands to Mel Lastman Square.
- Attract approximately 500 tourists.
- Part-time jobs for local musicians and artists.
- Generate temporary part-time jobs in the food and service industry.
- Involve more than 2000 volunteer hours.
- Showcase our region on a local and international stage.
- Create a cultural legacy in Toronto with an annual festival.